Sometimes in life the big things take over, they are uncontrollable and we lose focus. I prefer to look at the little things that make this world spin, that make me spin. The little things that get inside my head and complete me. The little things that seem so insignificant to the bigger picture that I’ve forgotten how I got here. It was the little things that built my grand picture, the little things that held me up, the little things that make me believe, make me hold on to the dream that I will see you again.
Have you looked at the little things in your life lately?
It’s the little things that I miss the most about Sardinia, and seven months later I’m still heartbroken over leaving her beautiful, mysterious land. Considering I’m feeling all sorts of nostalgia over my breakup, I’ve decided to compile a short top 10 list of what I miss the most about her.
Top 10 Things I miss the most about Sardinia
- Saying buongiorno when entering any type of shop.
- The Mediterranean smell of her salt water hair.
- A perfectly poured espresso with a mirto chaser.
- The sloping red, granite landscape.
- Pasta, oh yes, pasta!
- The earthy, dirty red known as Cannonau.
- Swimming in the crystal, clear, clean waters only known unto her.
- Her secret and seductive language.
- Seadas, seadas, seadas!
- Her humble and hospitable people.
I lived on her land for six long, beautiful years and there is not a day that passes that I don’t think or daydream about her. I’ve set foot on countless countries but Sardinia really, truly stole my heart.
Have you recently re-expatriated? How are your feelings of nostalgia?
When nostalgia gets the better of me, I turn to her …