It’s the little things that I miss the most about Sardinia, and seven months later I’m still heartbroken over leaving her beautiful, mysterious land. Considering I’m feeling all sorts of nostalgia over my breakup, I’ve decided to compile a short top 10 list of what I miss the most about her.
Top 10 Things I miss the most about Sardinia
- Saying buongiorno when entering any type of shop.
- The Mediterranean smell of her salt water hair.
- A perfectly poured espresso with a mirto chaser.
- The sloping red, granite landscape.
- Pasta, oh yes, pasta!
- The earthy, dirty red known as Cannonau.
- Swimming in the crystal, clear, clean waters only known unto her.
- Her secret and seductive language.
- Seadas, seadas, seadas!
- Her humble and hospitable people.
I lived on her land for six long, beautiful years and there is not a day that passes that I don’t think or daydream about her. I’ve set foot on countless countries but Sardinia really, truly stole my heart.
Have you recently re-expatriated? How are your feelings of nostalgia?