A new British reality program has hit the airwaves where eight people between the ages of fifty-five to ninety-three undergo extreme diet plans and exercise regimens. The program is filmed on an island full of centenarians, an island full of splendour, an island filled with mystery, and a longevity that is deeply planted at its roots. The island is the second largest island in the Mediterranean, the island is Sardinia, Italy. The goal of this television program is to look, a joint, 100 years younger in 21 days. Surely, that is not possible! I’ve lived here for ten years and I can see the age creep in, it’s inevitable. Coming to Sardinia will not make you look younger in twenty-one days, but she will definitely make you feel younger in twenty-one days. Read on and I’ll tell you how to easily live to 100 years of age. Continue reading
It’s been four years since I set foot on this rugged beautiful island, and I’m still in love with Sardinia. It wasn’t an easy transition, but I did it. I’m proud of the area I now call my home, and I’m proud of myself for learning two new languages.
I have complied a short Top 11 list on why I think Sardinia rocks.
- The sun shines on average 300 days a year!
- There are endless beautiful beaches on this island oasis.
- The food is amazing. There are no other words.
- Plenty of activities to choose from, year round: cycling, kayaking, rock climbing, sailing, windsurfing, surfing, nature walks, running, and so much more.
- Summer lasts for six, sometimes eight months a year.
- The people are happy and friendly.
- The locally grown fresh produce is the best I’ve ever tasted.
- Even in the winter the sun shines.
- The rugged, red landscape leaves the poet in you without words.
- Freshly caught dentice – snapper is the bees knees.
- In a 2010 study done by International Living, states that Sardinia is one of the worlds healthiest places to live. Sardinia does boost at having the worlds highest concentration of centenarians.
Have you traveled to Sardinia? What did you think about this ancient island in the sun?