It would be a complete injustice if I wrote only about the horrors I faced this year with my Italian job(s). There were a few good points to waiting tables in Italy and I’ve listed them for you in a fun Top 10 List.
Top 10 Reasons I’ll Miss the Italian Job
10. The fabulous multi-cultural clients.
9. The extra €20 slipped into my pocket, every other night.
8. Being offered to sit and drink with clients during my shift (was offered many, many times but never took anyone up on the offer).
7. Nightly raids of the (permitted) gelato station – pistachio here I come!
6. Well-behaved gorgeous children from all walks of life.
5. The Russians. They were hilarious, generous and polite.
4. The blazing orange sun-set.
3. My Italian, Sardinian, Czech, Hungarian and German colleagues. They were all a fabulous bunch of people.
2. Packing take-away lunch and dinner for my husband from the staff dining-hall. The food was good – plus I had to pay for it!
1. Speaking English to Italian clients; speaking Italian to English clients and speaking a mix of both to the Russians. They laughed, I laughed, and we all laughed together. Priceless moments.
What are some of the pros and cons of your expat work?