Weekly Photo Challenge: Silhouette

silhouette is the image of a person, an object or scene represented as a solid shape of a single color, usually black, its edges matching the outline of the subject. The interior of a silhouette is basically featureless, and the whole is typically presented on a light background, usually white, or none at all. The silhouette differs from an outline which depicts the edge of an object in a linear form, while a silhouette appears as a solid shape. Silhouette images may be created in any visual artistic media.¹

Silhouette photos haunt me; this week’s photo challenge haunts me. I’m not super artistic when it comes to these types of shots and actually prefer to never take them. It wouldn’t be called a challenge if it weren’t, well, challenging.

Do your silhouette photo’s have hints of colour like mine?

This is my response to the Weekly Photo Challenge: Silhouette

Source: Wikipedia¹

This entry was posted in Weekly Photo Challenge and tagged , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

41 Responses to Weekly Photo Challenge: Silhouette

1. Marianne says:

I find silhouette photos challenging too, Jennifer – but you´ve gone a great job with your selection 🙂

2. Jennifer, I like your Sardinia pics and love the Canadian trees, nice!

3. aysabaw says:

Liked the silhouette, with the Stella Artois….^__^

4. Pingback: Weekly Photo Challenge: Sandpiper & Seagull Silhouette | Humbled Pie

5. Pingback: Weekly Photo Challenge~ Silhouette « Mlissabeth's Musings

6. brothertom says:

great pictures. thanks for sharing.

7. mlissabeth says:

My photo has color behind the silhouette, too. Very nice job on yours.

8. Pingback: Weekly Photo Challenge: Silhouette | Mike Hardisty Photography

9. Pingback: WordPress Weekly Photo Challenge: Silhouettes and Weekly Travel Theme: Couples | newsofthetimes

10. rutheh says:

I like a hint of color in the silhouettes.

11. Pingback: Weekly Photo Challenge: Silhouette. « the unbearable lightness of being me.

Some of these were brilliant! Good work!

13. Pingback: Weekly Photo Challenge: Silhouette | a hectic life

14. Great selection! Awesome photos.

15. restlessjo says:

I have two photos in mind but there are so many challenges going around, I can’t keep up. Do the challenges, or read the blogs? Be selective I guess is the answer, Jen. Nice selection.

• There are a lot of challenges going around, I know what you mean. I’ve stuck with just two – this one and Ailsa’s Travel theme. I can’t be bothered joining more – it stresses me out slightly! 😉

16. Northern Narratives says:

I also thought it was a difficult challenge. I really like your photo of the winter trees.

17. adinparadise says:

Love these. I also find it difficult not to have just a bit of colour showing. 🙂

18. Rosemarie says:

I have never been good at Silhouettes, but yours are amazingly beautiful. My husband loves ichnusa beer from Sardegna. Wish I could get it here in California! Have a great day! Keep on taking pictures! We all enjoy them!

May God Bless!
    The Sard/American,

19. Unexpected animals on the beach always make me smile. Sand there looks very nice.

20. That cow is 8km up a mountain and away from the beach … or were you speaking about the surfer? 😉

21. Pingback: Travel theme: Couples | My Sardinian Life

22. gkm2011 says:

My favorite was the Stella advertisement. I don’t know if it was planned or not, but really a fun take.

• It wasn’t a planned shot at all! We were returning from the bar late one night and I noticed the advert on a bus shelter and told me friend to snap this photo. It was fast and late, and super fun!

23. Pingback: Weekly Photo Challenge: Silhouette « What's (in) the picture?

24. I took a few tonight, but more by accident than design. Doubtless there’s quite a lot of artistry involved!

25. Pingback: Weekly Photo Challenge: Silhouette « Becca's Photo Blog

These are really great Jennifer. I love the window silhouette.
    ps