Macro Monday | Sardinian Fig

Macro Monday – The Sprouting of Fig Season

Taken with a Sony Cyber-Shot, automatic setting when I get close to things.

What do you think?

Do you have any tips on macro photography?

This entry was posted in Photography & Challenges, Snapshots, Weekly Photo Challenge and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

19 Responses to Macro Monday | Sardinian Fig

1. I know nothing about photography, but I love this shot. My partner planted a fig tree in our back garden last summer, and it is at about the same stage of budding/blooming so far this spring. Bet you get some great figs there where you live!

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today. It was fun having you!

Hugs,
    Kathy

I love the photo! It looks perfect to me.

3. niasunset says:

Wonderfully captured… I can pick up! Thank you, with my love, nia

4. Madhu says:

I think “don’t under estimate the lowly digital camera” 😉 Cool shot!

5. Joanna says:

Hee hee I have a photo like that I took yesterday but minus the blue sky. I go as close as I can and then my little Lumix does the macro thing too on the Aperture Priority setting seems to get the fuzzy out background thing. I don’t know if it’s the same with your camera. I am not a camera person really! I want your blue sky, my fig waves to yours from the UK, saying bring out the sunshine 🙂

6. Chris says:

Great photo, I know someone who is drooling right now!

Great work, Jennifer!

8. Alice says:

I’ve never seen fig leaves on a happy tree before, or at least not so young. The texture you captured is so evocative that I now understand why Matisse used gouache to paint them… 🙂 Thank you!

9. kendrafowler says:

Perfect shot! Even I own a Cyber shot but haven’t experimented much with it! I think I should start doing it soon 🙂

10. ailsapm says:

What a fun picture; I love it.

love the image…but now I want one

12. Hey, I really liked the photo. It may have had an interesting look if the leaves were out of focus as well and the only object in the depth of view was the round green peice. I was wondering if you could share what the settings of your apature and f-stop were?

• Ciao Andrew.

I have no idea about apature and f-stop!! I have a point and shoot which adjusts to the settings around me. I’m still learning, slowly the settings on my camera. I’ll keep your tip in mind when shooting new macro shots. Thanks for stopping by! 🙂

13. Hi Jennifer,
    That is a great shot and could be an entry for the ‘unfocused’ photo challenge of the week… the unfocused background makes the subject stand out even more.
    I too use a sony cyber shot and I am happy with the images it produces (this is our 3rd one!). The only thing I wish it had was more zoom to get those shots far away, but the macro is fantastic.