Top 10 reasons to make Sardinia a year-round travel destination
10. Sardinia’s summer season runs from April – October.
9. The sun shines on average 300 days a year!
8. With 1800km of rugged, emerald coastline you won’t have any troubles finding that secluded, romantic beach.
7. Sardinia is not just a summer destination. Stunning ski slopes greet the visitor in the spectacular Gennargentu mountain range.
6. The local food is out of this world! Be sure to try: suckling pig (the national dish of Sardinia), local pecorino, mirto, seadas, and of course local wine which will knock your socks off.
5. Sardinia is an adventure sporting heaven with rock climbing, mountain biking, road cycling, sailing, hiking, rally car, skiing and kayaking.
4. Sardinia offers the guest year round fantastic festivals for the entire family.
3. Staying with a family at an ‘agriturismo’ (farm-stay) has never been easier with thousands of locally owned and operated agriturismo’s all over the island which cater to skiers, climbers, boaters, beach bums, families and groups.
2. By visiting Sardinia throughout the year you are giving the islanders much-needed jobs, security, well-being and helping to sustain the local economy for longer periods of time.
1. The hospitality of the islanders is second to none, they are generous, humble and extremely kind.
The awesome folks over at Expats Blog held a contest for us expats, all we had to do was write a Top 10 list and submit it by December 11th. On the eve of December 9th I sat down with pen and paper and penned my submission, the following morning I was prepared to type up the list and send it off to Expats Blog – one full day before the due date.
The morning of the 10th I severely burned my thigh, calve and top of my foot with scalding hot coffee, leaving me bedridden and in agony. Needless to say my Top 10 list went un-typed and un-sent which was a total bummer as I was looking forward to
winning entering the contest.
Will you make Sardinia your travel destination for 2014?