Cleaning House at My Sardinian Life

Good Morning faithful followers! If you are reading this post then you will have noticed that I changed my theme! I was tired of the chunky feel of the Mystique theme and after careful thought decided to change my theme to the ever so popular Twenty Ten.

Please bear with me as I learn the ins and outs of this theme. I was looking for a more simple and clean theme and Twenty Ten was the winner.

Do you like the changes? Did I make a HUGE mistake changing themes? Your opinion is important to me and I would love to hear your thoughts on this change.

Thank you and have a super day!

Jennifer Avventura

This entry was posted in Blogging and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

40 Responses to Cleaning House at My Sardinian Life

1. Thumbs up! Much easier to read.

2. kendrafowler says:

I loved your old theme! It was so neat and suited your posts perfectly! You would not belleive it – I wanted to use the Mystique theme for my blog ( when I start one) as I was so impressed by yours. Wish you had stuck to it! I am always reluctant to a change and I think it will take some time for me to get fixed on this theme. I love your posts, so I will be coming to the blog, no matter, what the theme is!

• Thank you for your honest opinion Kendra, it’s truly appreciated. When I first went with Mystique I loved it, but now after two years with the same theme I was getting bored and I didn’t like the chunky feel of it. Im looking forward to reading what others think.

• So in the end Kendra, why didn’t you choose Mystique for your blog theme?

• kendrafowler says:

That was because mine was centered around Social media and stuff. I felt that Mystique would suit a travel blog or a blog that brings out the beauty of a place the best. ( Such was the impact of your blog! ) . I would definitely use that theme if I start a travel blog.

Twenty Ten is popular because it is good. I’m sure you will be happy. I thought your other one was good too.

• Thank you Debra. There were a few issues with Mystique which bothered me: on the menu bar under “Around the World,” it would list the places I’ve been in a HUGE scrol down menu, the headers for all widgets were HUGE, didn’t like that. I also didn’t like how the words in my header were over the header image…even when I played with the colours in the header sometimes it wouldn’t show up clear over the image. Ill stick with this one for a bit and see where it gets me.

4. niasunset says:

I loved this new one too… But the old one was good too… 🙂 Thanks dear, Have a nice day, with my love, nia

5. wanderlust23 says:

In terms of preference I liked the layout of the old one but this is good as well. What really matters though is if it is clear for the reader (it is) and if you like it. People will soon forget what the old one was like anyways.

6. jessabella says:

I think I liked the old one ..but this one is easier to read…maybe Im a bit vain..I prefer pretty over functionality…I suppose that is obvious at my blog..but in choosing my layout I figured I can always change it..and it just means you are keeping things fresh and new! thumbs up..besides no matter Im going no where! Ill still be reading!

7. Love it Jen! Looks great!

8. I like it. It looks good.

9. sayvan says:

Looks great… sometimes ya just have to make a change… I have been considering doing that as well. Go with what you feel works best for you and others will eventually get on board with ya!

10. Joanna says:

I used the 2010 theme for the first year and I was very happy with it. I changed because sometimes I write quite long posts and for long posts it is quite spread out and a bit of a scroll for some people. But it is beautifully readable and I kind of miss it. Readability is everything. The ones I can’t bear are the ones with white or yellow text on dark backgrounds (shudders). Keep doing what you are doing – it’s great!

11. Jennifer it looks fine and the background colour suits it.

12. colonialist says:

Oops, sorry, wrong house … oh, no, it’s just that you’ve changed the front! 🙂
    I’ve had this theme from starting, and haven’t seen another I like enough to want to change to. It is uncluttered and functional.

Great new look, Jennifer!

14. It looks good, change is good. A new look every now and then does not hurt anyone. I have been thinking of doing the same for a while. We’ll see…

I LOVE the new look Jennifer! I had originally started with Blue Mist and then moved on to Twenty 10 and 11 for both of my blogs. There are a few things I wish I could change, yet the reason why I stay with it is simple: It is easy to read. I like that and hopefully think other people agree. I also have gotten a bit bored and tried changing my theme to an upgrade but it was a disaster trying to figure it out so I went back to what I know. Readability is very important and I do really like using this theme. I think your blog looks gorgeous! I really like it and I agree that change is good! 🙂 Love the pale yellow too and the new header. Oh, and the other thing I did was put all my “junk” at the bottom. I’m still not sure if I like it because I think it is harder for readers to find my archives. But I felt like it was too much going on having it along the righthand side. Yours looks nice and clean. Perhaps I need to change mine???

• Thanks Nicole. It took me months to finally make the decision! Im happy that I did as I so love this new theme. Readability is important and the old theme was too chunky. I don’t think you need to change anything on your blog, it looks great!

16. Madhu says:

I like it. Change is always good! I am tempted too, but it is too much effort right now. Perhaps soon.

17. Like the little bikini pic at the top cute… Top bar pic is inviting and friendly… although those cute little wooly, hairy goats or sheep were just so cute 🙂
    Funny how we feel we must explain the changes as people get familar with something and are shocked when things change or are different.

18. I’d just like to add that after a few days with this new theme that I am super happy with the change. I don’t know why I waited so long, I didn’t even really like my original theme to begin with, but the change seemed daunting and I was scared. So happy I took the plunge.