As a regular beach goer, I find myself more often than not, annoyed with the throngs of tourists who claim a patch of sand as their own. Who disregard everything and everyone in their path and destory natures beauty.
With over fifteen years experience beach sitting and exploring I feel I have the right to comment on the things not to do while at the beach.
Top 10 Beach Rules to Obey Around the World
10. Do not let your children run wild. The beach is a public place. You wouldn’t allow your children to pester the table beside yours while dining, or run wild in a china shop, the same goes for the beach. And no, I do not want to help your child build a sand castle, or watch them swim, or babysit them while you go bushing.
9. Do not drink (copious) amounts of alcohol. Year after year I see 20-somethings spill onto the hot sands of Sardinia, beer case (or two) in hand and begin a ten person rave. Under the hot burning sun, I sit and witness these young kids drink themselves into oblivion. Sun and alcohol do not mix.
8. Do not play your music at rave level. I’m not interested in hearing Celine Dion belting out her classics, nor do I care about Snoop Dogs dirty ways. Have respect for those around you, play your music at a level only you can hear.
7. Do not play sports at stadium level. No screaming, yelling, or overly rowdy play. It’s fine to play sports on the beach, but leave the loud grunting, groaning and whistling for the stadium. It’s a beach, it’s relax time.
6. Do not litter. It’s sad that I even have to mention this, but there are many tourists who leave their trash behind on the stunning, white sandy beaches. Take it with you, most beaches provide recycling depots and large garbage bins. Use them, use your head. That means you Mr. My-dog-pooped-and-I-put-it-in-a-plastic-bag-then-threw-the bag-in-the-beautiful-Sardinian-bush.
5. Do not cast your fishing line if there are more people swimming in the water than fish. This one is just annoying. You’re out swimming in the natural beauty of the tranquil waters then BAM, hook, line and sinker.
4. Do not park yourselves in front of others, while the rest of the beach remains empty. If there is space on the sprawling beach, use it.
3. Do not walk, run or jump within 20 feet of other beach goers. No thank you, I do not want a sand filled sandwich, but if you continue I may have to give you a knuckle sandwich.
2. Do not take secret photos of women topless. This is utterly rude and in bad taste. I know who you are Mr. Britain, I saw you with your camera behind your back as you gazed out into the beautiful blue yonder. I’m not sure which you will like more, my middle finger in your photo or my bouncing B’s.
1. Do not have sex on the beach, unless you are ordering a shot in the nightclub. Seriously beach goer’s, I see you under your leopard print sarong, and the strategically placed umbrella does nothing to hide your dancing shadows. The things I’ve witnessed on the beaches of Sardinia is enough to make the animal kingdom go wild! Keep it in your pants, or go hide in the bush, just don’t do it in full public view.
What annoys you at the beach?