I began blogging because I love to write. I began reading blogs because I love to read, and English reading material on an Italian island is slim to none. I’ve blogged for nine months and four days and I can say that I am addicted. I’m addicted to reading other blogs on travel and adventure and I love writing my blog on the travels and misadventures that I’ve had.
One of the very first blogs I came across on WordPress was a stay at home mom, who is also an avid traveler and writer of three blogs. thirdeyemom has nominated me for The Seven Links Award which was started by the good folks over at Tripbase. Thank you for the nomination thirdeyemom.
Click here the rules for My Seven Links.
My Seven Links from Jennifer Avventura’s Adventure Files are …
1. The People From Here in my heart is the most beautiful post I’ve written. It was a very special moment for me here in Sardegna.
2. Spring Teaser is my most popular post. With two votes, twenty-eight comments and nine likes. Yeah, Jennifer Avventura is not that popular… yet. I only get about 50 clicks a day and hardly any comments. So 28 comments is the bee’s knee’s.
3. The Chemtrail Hoax is the most controversial post I’ve written. I generally shy away from writing about controversy, but this is something I’ve had on my mind and I had to get it out. I’m an avid sky-watcher and I notice my sky changing. I have questions.
4. The Sardinian Sea Urchin is my most helpful post. I loved writing this post and the adventure I had in making it come together.
5. Dog Hounding is my most successful post, surprisingly. I wrote this poem years ago. I was angrier then. I’m shocked that it’s successful, maybe it’s the darkness people like.
6. 3 Little Birds is the post that didn’t get the attention it deserved. I wrote this poem last year after my sister and her family had come to Sardegna for two weeks. I have three young nieces and this poem reflects my time with them here.
7. Where Wine is Born is the post I’m most proud of. I love wine and I love Sardegna, so I wrote a post about my four favourite Sardinian red wines.
Now it’s my turn to pass the baton to seven lucky bloggers that I just can’t seem to get enough of. In no particular order of importance:
1. lePETITreve is and old skool friend of mine. Eons ago we’d hang out and sling pints of Guinness and get into all kinds of trouble. After too many years of silence the internet brought us together again and I thought well if she can blog, so can I. lePETITreve is a blog where you can find everything. Culinary delights, eco-living, and freaking mighty fine recipes straight from her heart. She blogs about being a mother to two children under the age of three. She is also a super fantastic artist and designer. You can find her creations over on Etsy.
2. Wandering the World is a travel and photography blog. This blogger has been to places I want to visit, but am scared to venture to. The photos are breathtaking and the stories are awe-inspiring.
3. Mind, Motion, Matter is a blog about running. Lynn shares tips, ideas, her achievements in marathon distances and health advice. I click this site when I haven’t the energy to get outdoors for my little 6k. She inspires me, oh and she’s also Canadian.
4. The Onyx Plate is a foodies blog. This blogger has some interesting delicious combinations. Lemons and cucumbers, anyone? I never knew food photos could be so appealing. Whenever I’m looking to spice things up in the kitchen I click The Onyx Plate.
5. The World According to Woman here is a Canadian woman living in China. She is an erotic writer. If you’re looking to add a little steam to your life, I suggest you click her link. I promise you won’t be disappointed.
6. This Little Thing Called Life is a hilarious take on todays societies and cultures. This blogger loves to ruffle the feathers of spammers, something I’d never seen done and it’s amazing.
7. The Book of Terrible is another Canadian blog that kicks but with its sarcastic take on human behaviours in today’s social society.
I am on a total links rampage right now, both to your various posts, as well as other blogs 🙂
(Otherwise knows as ‘I’m at work and writing a contract is boring and I have a 4-hr advantage on our London partners’)
Oh, that’s great. What are you talking about?
I am not just spending all day long browsing your blog bc I am a bum who doesn’t have anything else to do in life. I am spending all day reading your posts and blogs you link to bc I have a fun corporate job that I am not in the mood to do at the moment, and you provide plenty of awesome distraction material 🙂
Now I’m on the same page as you, must have been the late night Cannonau. 🙂 Thanks for your super support.
Pingback: As 2011 comes to a close… Woman attempts seven « The World According to Woman
Pingback: Woman is out for blood!!!!! « The World According to Woman
I loved your 7 posts. I did mine a few days ago. It was fun going through old posts. We have a house in Bangi di Lucca, which is not all that far from Sardegna and I spend about 5- 6 months a year in lovely Italy. I will be back in October for 2 months – can’t wait.
Isn’t Wandering the World great? I haven’t visited for an age, I’ll have SO much catching up to do when I do!
I liked your Sea Urchin one too!
I love the blog Wandering the World. The photos are faboosh!
Thanks for liking my sea urchin post, I really had an awesome time discovering them. I even, yes, I did, I even smashed one open. For investigative purposes.
I have spent the morning traveling from site to site – WOW thanks for sharing them. 🙂
Holy smokes! I got mentioned!!!!! Merci buttocks!!!!
I loved your Wine post that was fabulous! I shared it with my sister (The Wino) who said she went on a hunt for some wines. I’ll have to report back her findings!
I’d love to know if she found any of the wine listed in my article. Let me know. It’s good stuff. And you deserve the mention Woman!