Running Roads in Sardinia

Running. It’s relaxing, clears the mind, gets the body pumping and, if you’re a distance runner, you can witness stunning views like this treasure of a running road in Sardinia, Italy.

wwwp5k (6)

Run, hike or bike Sardinia? Which is your adventure?

This entry was posted in Daily Life, SARDINIA - SARDEGNA and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

17 Responses to Running Roads in Sardinia

1. barbedwords says:

Hiking every-time for me – running and biking are far too speedy 😉

2. Giovanni says:

Hi Jennifer, as I’ve said in another email, I recently moved to Sardinia, where I’m trying to start a new job with my website where I sell sardinian food and wine products…One other thing that I’m doing, is create new trail events…We organize Ultra trail event in Tempio Pausania and this year also in the Asinara island…Is incredible to run there: an incredible island with stunning landscapes, wild animals, unspoiled beach…and a lot more…do you want to try? Join us!!! http://www.ultratrailasinara.it …it would be wonderful to meet you!!!
    Best regards.

Giovanni

• Ciao Giovanni,

Yes! I would love to try it! It will be on my list of things to do upon my return. Woah! 40k and 80k!! That’s incredible. I thought my little 10k was considered distant. I’d certainly have to train a little harder to complete the 40k. Fun event, thank you for the link.

3. Rosemarie Kleinberg says:

Hi Jennifer

This article is giving us so much information, hiking would be my thing, I am not a runner. The thing I found so interesting was about the speeding happening in Sardegna and how to avoid such accidents. I guess when we were there in 2010 and where we were traveling to we luckily did not encounter the speeders. Something to be mindful of for our next trip. Have a great day, so glad to see your blogs again! Have a great day! May God Bless!

Love,
    Rosemarie the Sard/American

4. For me, it’s lying on the beach!

5. Chrissy "Fede" says:

Hi, Jennifer! I’m hoping my verbose missive just submitted wasn’t missed….please inform me about procedure: do you review comments before they’re posted? Thanks!

6. Tina says:

Nice view indeed. Running is fine for me, but I prefer biking..

7. Linda says:

Hiking is my preferred tour…anywhere. 🙂

8. Ciao Jennifer!!
    Your blog is great, I’m sardinian and usually foreign sites don’t catch the real essence of Sardinia, but you do, so brava!😉 (Yes, my english is not good, pardon😉 )
    I was thinking that there’s another way to enjoy the wild beauty of the lesser known parts of Sardinia: motorbikes!
    I’s possible to arrive to Olbia (or Alghero, or Cagliari), have a bike (and the necessary equipment) delivered and choose personalised tours in the uncontaminated nature of Sardinia … No one think about this way to discover the island, but I think it’s exiting! what do you think?!
    Ciauuu

Useful Links:

• Ciao, thank you for the kind words. It was my intention to capture Sardinia the way she truly is, raw and unspoiled. I’m so glad you like the blog, it’s been hard work. Your English is great!! Wishing you a super summer. All the best. Jennifer

9. I loved that “She” in your comment, Sardinia is surely woman! 😛
    Buona estate! (have a great summer!)

Manuela

10. David says:

Hi Jennifer! Great blog….can’t wait for new adventures!!!