This weeks weekly photo challenge is habit, and there is no better place in the world where the people still abide by the same habits or rituals as they did hundreds of years ago, like they do here in Sardinia.
This hard-working man from Tonara is making a wooden platter in the shape of Sardinia to sell or give away as gifts to friends. For millenia the islanders have used natural resources from the surrounding area to make stunning hand-crafted items that will last a lifetime.
This is my response to the weekly photo challenge: habit.
Do you prefer to buy your gifts from small independent business?
© My Sardinian Life/Jennifer Avventura. All rights reserved 2010-2013. All pictures, unless otherwise stated, are property of My Sardinian Life. Do not use without written permission.
- Inside the heart of Sardinia – Toneri, Tonara (laavventura.wordpress.com)
- A Snapshot from Tonara, Sardinia (laavventura.wordpress.com)
- Tantalizing Torrone from Tonara (laavventura.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Habit (windagainstcurrent.com)
- weekly photo challenge : habit (plaridel.wordpress.com)