Weekly Photo Challenge: Sunset Horizon

This horizon speaks to me nightly with her stunning setting sun.

Tonight’s setting sun in Sardinia

Jennifer Avventura My Sardinian Life

This is my response to the weekly photo challenge: horizon. Just click the link to learn more or to join in on the fun.

Do you prefer sunrise or sunset?

This entry was posted in Photography & Challenges, Snapshots, Weekly Photo Challenge and tagged , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

21 Responses to Weekly Photo Challenge: Sunset Horizon

1. Anna says:

Beautiful. So peaceful. I love sunsets but cannot get over how beautiful sunrises were in Madrid. And now I am sad bc soon enough in Moscow sunrise and sunset will be within 4 hrs of one another…

2. Rosemarie Kleinberg says:

Jennifer

Beautiful way to wake up in the morning and see the spectacular beginning with an amazing Sunrise, but even more amazing is the wonder of the Sunset as it closes out another wonderful day in so many lives! I love them both, they are God’s creations for everyone no matter where you live! Have a great day!

Love,
    The Sard/American

• As always, Rosemarie, thank you for you comments!

• Rosemarie Kleinberg says:

You are most welcome! You are very talented and we get to enjoy it all! Have a great week and a Happy Halloween!

Did I ever ask you about people that would be available as translators when visiting Sardegna? I do not speak Italian or Sard, so when visiting my father’s side of the family for the first time we took friends that lived in Rome at the time because they do speak Italian. But when and if we are able to visit again we would love to have someone with us that could help us converse with my family there. I have one younger cousin who speaks English, but he is not always available with his career in Corsica and Spain. So id you are aware of anyone, please let me know. I would so appreciate that.

Plus if we are ever there it would be fantastic to meet you, even if over lunch or coffee!
        Love,
        The Sard/American

• Here is your family from? I’d be happy to help you out.

• Rosemarie Kleinberg says:

They are from Anela, a small town next to Bono. I would be ever so grateful! Have a beautiful day! It has been getting cooler here in Danville, CA and yesterday lots of high winds, but Fall is finally in the air! Take care! Look forward to your next surprise! May God Bless!
        Love,
        The Sard/American

• I’ve never been there and it would be a pleasure. 🙂

3. colonialist says:

I so admire people who do sunrises ..
    I’m good at sunsets, though!~.

4. Such a beautiful view! The perfect end to a lovely day.

5. adinparadise says:

Beautiful sunset, Jennifer. Yes, I much prefer sunsets, as I rarely get up in time to see the dawn. 🙂

6. barbedwords says:

Amazing colours, really gorgeous photo! I’m with those who would love to see a sunrise but can never get up in time 😦

7. jampang says:

beautifull sunset. great shot!

8. joesard says:

Well I always to pause and pay homage to a stunning sunset like that, it’s something I have to do. It reminds me just how small and puny we are when compared to creation. By the way I wouldn’t get too upset about the sunset or sunrise issue because our magnificent sunset is somebody else’s awesome sunrise, they are just to sides of the same coin 🙂

9. Tahira says:

Stunning. And perfect for the challenge.