A few weeks ago my husband went to the farmland and returned home with a bushel full of local apples, and they have sat in a bowl, collecting dust, on my kitchen table ever since.
While at my tutoring session two days ago, the girls were baking apples and the smell was out of this world. They offered me one and I declined, knowing my rotting bowl of apples at home would suffice for this sweet project.
I ran home in an apple-baking cloud of excitement!
I’ve never baked an apple before let alone cored one, so I went in search of a recipe and I found this easy one. I read it over once, twice, then winged it, like I do for everything thing I make.
Without further ado … here’s my:
Bored Baked Apples
- Use as many apples as you want.
- Clean and core apples
- Remove seeds from core, chop any extra apple.
- In a bowl add sugar. I used white sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg. Mix.
- Add extra apple bits to sugar mix.
- Fill apples with mixture.
- If you have raisins, currants or anything else delicious, add it to the center now.
- Add a blob of butter.
- In a separate pan, boil 3/4 cup water.
- Place apples in a square baking pan.
- Add boiling water.
- Bake 200°
- 35-45 minutes.
- Baste apples generously with juices from bottom of the pan.
- Serve warm.
- Smile & Enjoy.
My bored baked apples were such a hit, I gave my husband one!😉
And for my next adventure …
- A Year in the Life of a Kitchen: Apple Crisp (hudsonvalleyparentblog.wordpress.com)
- Apple Crisp (jasmineheichan.wordpress.com)
What’s your variation on this cheap, easy, delicious recipe?
© My Sardinian Life/Jennifer Avventura. All rights reserved 2010-2013. All pictures, unless otherwise stated, are property of My Sardinian Life. Do not use without written permission.