Sardinia – the place I call home

I suppose, I should let you in on my little secret. It’s only been a secret since last Wednesday and since then I’ve slept, a lot, not even realizing this secret.

So here it is …

After six months away from the best island in the world, I have returned to the place my soul calls home. I have returned to nature, mountains, pecorino, local honey and Cannonau! I have returned to the only place where peace envelopes me.

I have returned to Sardinia! EJA!

How do you feel returning home after months away?

This entry was posted in Daily Life, Snapshots and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

27 Responses to Sardinia – the place I call home

1. Welcome home Jennifer. I feel the same way about Rome. This summer we’ll go back to the States for a wedding and to be with friends and though I look forward to this, I know
    I’ll feel the pull to return. Italy has us on a short leash.

2. Deri says:

I left Canada at age 23. 40 years, many travels, several homes, several countries later – it’s still the place I get homesick for.

3. Know how that feels! Several months, sometimes years, but over twenty years, this place, this island, has consistently drawn me back and though I’m packed and ready to go ‘home’ settle down, still I’m here, having a difficult time letting go! 🙂

4. Lisaman says:

That’s how I felt when I came to live in Montriond!!!

5. Mary says:

Thank you so much for taking the time
    to post your experiences. I look forward
    to everyone. I am so glad you
    have returned and I look forward to
    moving there someday. Thank you
    again.
    Sincerely,
    Mary Eakin

Welcome home to Sardinia

7. Welcome home! It must feel fabulous.

8. Chris says:

This is beautiful Jennifer, makes a mother’s heart happy!

9. Diane C says:

Yay! I’ve missed your Sardinian posts! And it is far more likely that we might bump into each other some day!

10. Having been here for two weeks I can see why you would have missed it. It’s a very special place! Welcome back.

11. I miss a lot of the home comforts while away. Right now I am missing my husband who had to go back. We know next year is our last in China and he is trying to get things sorted back home so we have jobs and a place to call home when we return.

12. colonialist says:

So glad you are back in the place that makes you happiest.

13. Lilly says:

Brava Jennifer,sei tornata!

14. Angeline M says:

How wonderful to be able to go and be where your heart and soul are.

15. Rosemarie says:

Jennifer
    Congratulations! My soul agrees with you so! When we went to Anela, where my father was born and raised, as I got out of the car the first day there, I told my husband that I felt as if my soul came home! I love it! So happy you are back! May God Bless!

Sincerely,
    Rosemarie The Sard/American

16. I am sorry we missed each other! Welcome home.

17. malvaltoffee says:

Welcome back Jen ! I am willing to make good on this promise to show you where the natural swimming cascade is in Pergugas . Let me know if you have some time and I’ll send you a personnal mail via FB ! Take care ….

18. Cagliarigirl says:

Welcome Back! I was away a couple of months ago and I couldn’t believe the comforting feeling I had when I walked inside my apartment… this is My Home away from Home