Welcome to Carnival Tempio Pausania, Sardinia, Italy
Below you will find the three major parade dates and time listings for major events.
Main events are held on February 16, 19 and 21.
Thursday, February 16
- 12pm – King Giorgio makes his grand entrance into the city of Tempio Pausania – Via Matteotti.
- 3:30pm – The grand parade of floats, dance troupes, flag throwers and musicians begins.
- 7pm – In Piazza Gallura. The engagement dinner honouring King Giorgio and Mannena is celebrated with organized caterers from Tempio Pausania.
- 9:30pm – Live music.
Sunday, February 19
- 12pm – Corso Matteotti – King Giorgio’s bride Mannena enters the city.
- 3:30pm – The grand parade of floats, music and majorettes begins. During the parade King Giorgio and Mannena are married by the Mayor of Tempio Pausania.
- 7pm – Piazza Gallura – pre-judging of the floats is carried out, set against live music until 9:30pm.
Tuesday, February 21
- 3:30pm – The finale grand parade begins with music, dance troupes, majorettes, flag throwers. Final judging on floats and dance troupes are done throughout the parade. Winners are announced at the end.
- 7pm – Largo XXV Aprile – Grand finale of Carnival Tempio Pausania with fireworks and music.
- 10pm – Final salute to Carnival with live music.
For a complete line-up of events in Tempio Pausania please visit Carrasciali Timpiesu.