How do you eat your artichoke?

Spinoso Sardo

The artichoke farmer stopped by the house one rainy afternoon and with him he carried freshly picked artichokes. Four spinoso Sardo artichokes and four globe artichokes.

Artichokes are my favourite winter vegetable and in Sardinia they grow in abundance. My favourite way to eat an artichoke is in risotto. Husband eats the artichoke stem, raw.

I’ve baked, steamed, and fried artichokes. They are wonderfully delicious to eat any way you like.

Love artichokes? Are you looking for a new and easy recipe? Click the following link. There’s even a few pictures of the artichoke farm, plus a super easy recipe.

Eating Made Easy | Oven Baked artichokes & Potato

How do you eat your artichoke?

This entry was posted in Daily Life, Fare & Recipes, Snapshots and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

10 Responses to How do you eat your artichoke?

1. Woman says:

Ohhhhh…… and now I am homesick…. Every Christmas my family makes this ridiculously fattening dip made with artichokes and cheese baked and served with crackers. Ohhh… can pickled items clear customs???

2. Kat says:

I’m new to artichokes. I find its a bit of an aquired taste but I think I liked it fried once and also baked.

I’m afraid I don’t – but great share, Jennifer!

I will eat artichokes any way they come!

5. barb19 says:

I’ve never actually tried one and wouldn’t even know how to prepare one!

6. TBM says:

I’m not an artichoke fan. Everyone in my family loves them but me.

7. I love them but find them hard work to cook from scratch. I’ll check out the recipe.

8. niasunset says:

Thank you, this is great. I love it, even it is one of the best ones for our health! With my love, nia

9. Team Oyeniyi says:

Now this is something I have never eaten………. you make it sound worth the try!