Storm Dance | After Eighty-Seven Days

For the first time in eighty-seven days it rained. The winds picked up speed, pushing in the black thunderous clouds from Spain. With the exception of the wind all was quiet and eery. With the blink of an eye that all changed; thunder roared its beautiful strength and sheets of lightning filled the sky.

Black Clouds Over Sardegna

Clouds danced their laden burden over the mountain tops. Power flashed its electricity off and on; then off completely as the storm gained its strength. It was a spectacle for all to watch; for the town windows were painted with gleaming wonderous eyes.

The Cloud Dance

Then it rained; and rained.

Cloud Dance

The streets were silent but for the cool wisp of cloud that touched its surface.

Cloud Dance

This entry was posted in Snapshots and tagged , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

10 Responses to Storm Dance | After Eighty-Seven Days

1. Woman says:

87 days??? Holy jumping gee whiz wow!!! That is a long time!!!!! And wow… stunning pictures!

2. Jennifer–I love your blog and am going to subscribe! And thanks again for reposting my piece on the Haiti earthquake!
    Kathy

3. Chris says:

amazing pictures, wow, just incredible. Eighty seven days without rain, that is a long time.

Must have felt sooooo good! I love the pictures. Our weather here in MN is still going well. Today it is fallish but will get more summery next week. I love September as the leaves change and the sky is bright blue. It is one of my favorite months of all! I’ll try to capture some photos for my blog so I can share fall with my fellow northerner!

Those shots are AWESOME!
    I can’t believe you went 87 without – rain, I mean!

• ok. Here’s the truth. I actually counted the number of days after I wrote and published this post. I felt compelled to count as someone commented oh wow 87 days. So in all truth … it’s actually 84 days. but Im not going to change the title now. 😉

6. bagnidilucca says:

I love these dramatic thunderstorms. We get them in the morning sometimes in Bagni di Lucca. They roll though the mountains and I love to stand at the window and watch.

7. Team Oyeniyi says:

Great photos, especially the top one! Nearly 3 months without rain? That is quite a time!

8. David Perry says:

Great photos Jenny. Ontario was very dry in July, but you had an exceptionally long dry spell. Are the farmers in bad shape? Too much rain is no fun, but none is really bad. Water shortages, dust storms, land erosion…
    A beautiful town you live in, too. -D.

9. sassymommy14 says:

Beautiful pics 🙂 It hadn’t rained all summer where I am, but last night there was a hail storm. Suprisingly, it was the first I had seen hail!