The sun is out in full force and the African winds are sweeping across the mountains making it one hot summer to remember. Yesterday’s high was 43.3 celicus. OUCH!
Heading to the beach or for a stroll in the summer sun? I’ve outlined a brief list of things to remember when playing outdoors during summer months. Take care of yourself for the sun is only getting hotter.
Here’s a brief list on how to keep yourself from over heating on daze when the sun is burning a hot hole into the ground.
- Most important is SPF. 20+ and up. Lather up before you head outdoors and after a swim. Don’t be silly and think a sun-tan is the best souvenir, it’s not. You’re body will hate you for it in time.
- Umbrella and a hat. Keep the sun off your head.
- Water. I can’t stress enough the importance to remain hydrated in the summer sun. Your body needs the drink before your mind tell you to drink. So just Drink it and lots of it. About 2 litres a day in hot summer months.
- The winds will be slightly cooler at the beach plus there is nothing more refreshing than a dip into the ocean.
- Fruit and 100% fruit juices. Drink em and eat em. Now is the time.
- Keep the blinds drawn in the house.
- Stay out of the sun during mid-day when the sun is at its highest and hottest peak.
- All physical sports should be carried out in the early morning hours. 6am-10am. After that the sun becomes stronger, tapping your energy.
- Eat gelato. Hey, it’s summer, enjoy those bountiful flavours.
Be smart with the sun, listen to your body.
Happy Hot Summer from Sardegna, Italy.