Weekly Photo Challenge: Everyday Life

This weeks challenge is all about people and the things they do. I’ve never been one to photograph people as I prefer rolling landscapes and blue waters, so I’ve dug a little deep to find some people pics. I hope you enjoy.

Two days ago a mistral blew through northern Sardinia and we headed to the beach to roll in the waves. Elated to see about eight surfers in the water, I knew what I had to do next; out came the camera and I snapped away. Surfing is an everyday occurence (when the weather permits) for many surfers in this neck of the woods.

A few years ago I made my way back to Canada for a visit. Along with my sister and her beautiful family we drove to Gatineau, Quebec to visit my sister’s in-laws. We had many beautiful adventures: walking among the freshly fallen rustic leaves and watching the ripples fade in a mirror-like pond.

We also went tobogganing!

Prague is one of my all time favourite cities, and I don’t like large cities. I climbed the bell tower and snapped this photo of everyday life in Prague.

My girlfriends and I packed up the car and drove to New Hampshire for a four-day long weekend. Surprised to see the New Hampshire Police force using this mode of transportation; I guess it’s part of their everyday life, I sure had a giggle.

In 2007 I had the pleasure of traveling to Santorini, Greece with this group of fabulous travelers. I have been a member on Virtual Tourist since 2005 when I was searching for information on Brazil. These people are a wealth of information and are a great group to ride a donkey up a steep mountain with. I would do it again, yes I would!

Now the following photo shows my everyday life, albeit six years ago when I was running around as a waitress in a busy restaurant overlooking Niagara Falls, Canada. I loved my job, really I did. This photo is dedicated to one special person, and all the douchebags that don’t tip!

This is my response to the Weekly Photo Challenge: Everyday Life.

What are some of your everyday life habits?

This entry was posted in Weekly Photo Challenge and tagged , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

15 Responses to Weekly Photo Challenge: Everyday Life

1. Galen says:

For a person who is not into “people pictures”… you have some very good selections here!

You’re something special, Jennifer… Don’t ever forget that.

3. Pingback: Weekly Photo Challenge: Everyday Life – Making Groceries | Humbled Pie

4. Pingback: Weekly Photo Challenge – Everyday Life | Just Snaps

well it’s a great response Jennifer…love the B&W shots

6. Pingback: Weekly Photo Challenge: Everyday Life « The Kindness Kronicles

7. Hello, I just nominated you for the One Lovely Blog Award. I do hope you accept the nomination; check my blog for the requirements and regulations that come along 😉 Chris

8. eof737 says:

All excellent shots Jennifer! 🙂

9. Rosemarie says:

Jennifer
    You are just too, too talented! Amazing pictures and my sentiments on people who don’t tip! What a world traveler you have been! Have a beautiful day, keep the photos and stories coming! May God Bless!

Ciao fromThe Sard/American,

10. Great post, love the photo of your sister and her family, think that might be my favourite, lots of character, fantastic! G 🙂

11. colonialist says:

Each one interesting, but by no means everday to us on this side of the world!

12. The police… lol. Never seen police like that here in Indonesia. Fabulous. Thanks for sharing with us. For the best, maybe I choose the one you take from the bell tower. What an amazing picture.

Oh yeah, my share this week is about Indonesian traditional cloth : batik. Hope you can have a look at it sometime.

13. Marianne says:

You have captured everyday life all around the world there, Jennifer! Love the first photo of the surfer – he almost looks like a mannequin stuck on his surfboard! 🙂

14. That police vehicle would have the great advantage of not causing any high speed pursuit accidents. And I do like your Prague shot too, Jennifer. On my only trip there I neglected to take a camera – more fool me!