Weekly Photo Challenge: Near and Far

“He who lives in our mind is near though he may actually be far away; but he who is not in our heart is far though he may really be nearby.” – Chanakya

My favourite street cat catching warm sunshine on a hot tin roof. I’m not even sure if this photo qualifies for this week’s challenge; the roof tiles are near and the sweet orange kitty is far.

This is my response to the Weekly Photo Challenge: Near and Far.

This entry was posted in Weekly Photo Challenge and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

21 Responses to Weekly Photo Challenge: Near and Far

1. dunden says:

Love the CAT between NEAR sight and FAR sight.
    Very nice surprise.

2. Pingback: Weekly Photo Challenge: Near and Far (Lesbos) « What's (in) the picture?

3. “He who lives in our mind is near
    though he may actually be far away;

but he who is not in our heart
    is far though he may really be nearby.”

– Chanakya

P.S.:
    clever cat!

4. Pingback: Weekly Photo Challenge: Near And Far « Flickr Comments

5. TheBlackTwig says:

I like the way the kitty’s color blends well with the roof tiles.
    Can I adopt this kitty? 🙂

6. Rosemarie says:

Ciao Jennifer

The picture is great, the cat darling! Hot tile, hot tin it matters not! It is a pleasant sight to behold! Sure you don’t want to work for a photo magazine?????? Have a beautiful day! In time the cat will warm up to you and not just the hot roof! We had a Feral cat that took almost a year to warm up to us and my old Cocapoo, then she was ours for many a year! May God Bless! Keep the articles coming they are so enjoyable and interesting!

The Sard/American

• Thank you kindly Rosemarie. I really hope the kitty warms up to me. He was born in the empty house beside ours and I would go every day to watch, only watch as the mom was very protective. I hope he comes around.

7. Jeff Sinon says:

At a glance I almost missed the cat. 🙂 Whether or not it fits, nice photo.

8. very cute… and the colour and texture together… nice! I like how the kitty is a little surprise.

9. eof737 says:

Beautiful touch… Do check out my contribution. 🙂

10. I love it…I wonder (until he/she saw you snapping the pic) how far away the cat’s thoughts were 🙂

11. Galen says:

You have done very well with this one. Depending on one’s perspective… the cat can be either “near” or “far”… which makes this a very solid image for the theme.

12. cute cute cute cute! 😀