Travel Theme: Silhouette

Fridays are full of fantastic photo challenges and Ailsa’s travel theme this week is a beautiful display of silhouette(s).

Where in the world am I?

It is the Late city that first defies the land, contradicts Nature in the lines of its silhouette, denies all Nature. It wants to be something different from and higher than Nature. These high-pitched gables, these Baroque cupolas, spires, and pinnacles, neither are, nor desire to be, related with anything in Nature. And then begins the gigantic megalopolis, the city-as-world, which suffers nothing beside itself and sets about annihilating the country picture.” -Oswald Spangler

A BIG congrats if you can tell me where I am.

It is, then, by those shadows of the hoary Past and their fantastic silhouettes on the external screen of every religion and philosophy, that we can, by checking them as we go along, and comparing them, trace out finally the body that produced them.” H. P. Blavatsky

Niagara-On-The-Lake, Ontario, Canada

Want to see my favourite silhouette? Trust me, it’s pretty cool.

For a long time I was looking for my perfect equilibrium, my mojo. And now I think I’m getting there: I’ve found my customer, my silhouette, my cut.” Alexander McQueen

Have a super weekend!

This entry was posted in RTW Travel, Weekly Photo Challenge and tagged , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

18 Responses to Travel Theme: Silhouette

Beautiful entries Jennifer!

2. joesard says:

my guess: Paris Eiffel tower and Rome Pantheon 😉

3. Nicely done joesard! You win a big fat CONGRATS!

4. Great gallery – I haven’t been to Rome, but I did recognize the pattern on the Eiffel Tower – and I love Niagara-on-the-Lake! Nicely done! 🙂

5. Rosemarie says:

The Pantheon in Rome!

6. The last silhouette is pretty cool! How creative! I am inspired.

• I’m pretty sure the two bottles of wine helped with my creative juices that evening! It was snapped really, really late at night. Stella happens to be my favourite beer and when I saw the ad I knew what I had to do.

7. I love the first shot… and my guess was the Pantheon in Rome… but I see Jo beat me to the guess 😉

8. Angeline M says:

Wonderful photos….I like arriving to these posts late so others can guess first.

9. Marco Corda says:

Bellissime, soprattutto quella della torre Eiffel. Complimenti!!!

10. Congrats to you… I have just nominated you for an award…
    stop by and get all the details 🙂 Its a new one you don’t have 😉

these are all great as usual Jennifer but oh how I love the last one…it shows your sense of fun

12. Galen says:

Thank you for quoting Alexander McQueen. I was always a “closet fan” of him and his work. These are nice images… they make me wish I could travel to this area some day… but I am sure it will never happen. Thank you for bringing some of it to us…