A celebration in honour of the church Santissima Trinità dei Monti, in central Italy. The late renaissance church dominates the Italian sky above the picturesque Spanish Steps.
This festival generally takes place at the end of May and beginning of June, yearly. With festivities held in most Italian towns, cities and mountains!
This spectacular four-day festival is in Trinita D’Agultu, Sardinia, Italy and is a must see! During the evening hours the streets are filled with local vendors selling their traditional Sardinian wares: items made of cork, local hand crafted jewelry, textiles, delicious Sardinian sweets and so much more!
Where is Trinita D’Agultu, Sardinia, Italy?
Festa della Trinita (as the locals say).
Friday June 1st
- 10:00pm – Direct from the popular Italian TV show Colorado the PUCCI SHOW (a hilarious comedy show). With performances by the Casino Band. In piazza IV Novembre.
Saturday June 2nd
- 6:00pm – Evening mass with a procession to the ‘chiesa vecchia,’ old church.
- 10:00pm – In concert: RADICI NEL CEMENTO a popular Italian reggae group from Rome AND Arawak Roots Vibrations. Don’t miss this great concert event!
Sunday June 3rd
- 10:30am – A procession by the brotherhood of the Holy Cross. Traditional music played throughout the procession; shepherds with their ox-carts join the procession route.
- 11:30am – Mass.
- 5:00pm – Live music in piazza IV Novembre by ‘i Raggazzi del Gruppo Poliss.’
- 7:00pm – Traditional Sardinian dance by the group ‘Balletto Sardo Florinas.’
- 10:00pm – MODENA CITY RAMBLERS in piazza Pietro Addis – an Italian folk band founded in 1991, heavily influenced by the Celtic music scene.
Monday June 4th
- 3:00pm – Race of ‘carruleddi a cuscinetti.’ Skateboard racing! The local children spend weeks prior outfitting their homemade skateboards in hopes in bringing home the glory. This race brings out all the local children and their families.
- 5:00pm – Games and live music in piazza IV Novembre.
- 10:00pm – Accordionist Ottavio Carta plays in piazza IV Novembre.
Saturday June 9th
- 3:30pm – 1st Memorial ‘Francesco Lepori’ cycling race.
- 6:00pm – Reward ceremony.
- 10:00pm – Live music in piazza IV Novembre.
For the last four years I’ve witnessed this spectacular display of music and dance. Festa della Trinita is a MUST see event in Sardinia.
Have you been? Are you going? Share with me your story of Festa della Trinita below.
Italian Reggae bands -love it!
It’s going to be the bee’s knees!
A silly question that occurred to me, Jennifer – do you know what is Spanish about the Spanish Steps?
I really have no idea Richard, if you happen to know please enlighten me. I would love to know more about the Spanish Steps in Rome, Italy. Great question, thank you! 🙂
I LOVE that first shot! Great capture…
Thanks Mr. Hook! It’s an easy shot when the setting is so beautiful!
What a beautiful, fun and exciting festival. It’s also a gateway to one amazing spiritual journey. You are truly blessed to be a part of all these. Wonderful photo and words. Thank you.
Loved Rome and when in Rome you just have to visit the Spanish steps and such a beautiful fountain at the bottom of the steps
I love the Spanish festivals.
I wish I could be there, as well!
I wish I could be there!
Me too! It’s a great time and my favourite festival my town holds!