Open Letter to My 85 Followers

Dear Followers,

First and foremost, I would like to thank you all for taking time from your day to read My Sardinian Life | La Mia Vita Sarda. It has been a great pleasure in getting to know some of you through comments and through your own blog posts.

It’s been a busy and fun year at My Sardinian Life and I hope to make the next year(s) just as fulfilling.

Over the next few months you will notice some changes at My Sardinian Life. I will be adding Google AdSense once I am approved and have looked into some affiliate programs that My Sardinian Life can be part of. This is still a learning experience for me.

Some changes have already been put into place, like the Support MSL page.

I’ve implemented a PayPal donate button as I would like to open myself up to new opportunities on the internet. Being a house wife on top of a mountain, on an island oasis leaves me with few options for income.

The donate option is there only for those in the means, and for those that want to contribute to my success.

Your comments are also currency in my world.

The most important thing at My Sardinian Life is content. You will still receive the same off the wall posts to your inbox weekly, do not fear. My aim is content, I will not sell out by running hundreds of ads to get you lost in.

I have also opened myself up as a consultant on Sardinia. If you or your loved ones are planning a holiday in Sardinia please do not hesitate to contact me for any and all information regarding your trip. I’m here to make your vacation one to remember.

I wanted to make you, my followers aware of changes coming to My Sardinian Life.

Thank you followers, lurkers and comment-ers. You are all important to me. I hope you continue to follow My Sardinian Life though the next hundred years.

Jennifer Avventura

This entry was posted in Blogging. Bookmark the permalink.

35 Responses to Open Letter to My 85 Followers

1. Jennifer good luck with your new venture and i hope it is a success for you.

Sounds like a great idea Jennifer! I’ll be interested in seeing how it all works out on your blog. I’ve never used Google AdSense and don’t know much about it. So I will be keen to check this all out!

• Thanks for the support! I’ve never done something like this before. The internet is complex at the best of times. I’ll keep you posted on how things are progressing, if anything. If we don’t try, we won’t know if we can succeed. 🙂

Good luck Jennifer – I hope it works out for you – i for one will still be popping in to check it out – and if I ever get over that way you can be sure i will be searching you out for help…

4. TBM says:

I wish you luck. And if I’m in the area I will let you know.

5. Team Oyeniyi says:

WOW – you qualify for Adsense? I’m impressed!!!

6. Ciao Robyn,

I hope that’s not the impression I gave off. I have submitted an application with Adsense and am awaiting approval. I only just submitted 4 days ago, so patience. I don’t know what the requirements are for Adsense, I just decided to take a plunge.

• Team Oyeniyi says:

Jenn, you are aware it isn’t allowed on WordPress.com? I thought you knew. Only if you have something like 20,000 page views a month you can revenue share with them. So I assumed you had over 20,000 a month, so I am impressed!

• Omg! I had no idea that it wasn’t allowed on WP.com. But if I buy my own domain with WP, is it allowed then? And I have no where near 20,000 views a month! Oh mamma mia. I did read everything I could before applying and didn’t see anything about page views and or not being allowed on WP. Oh well, at least I tried. Robyn, thank you for the information. Sometimes Im a clueless blogger. 🙂

7. Robyn, i thought there was something about it, but could not remember. I think you are right.

8. Jennifer see the link below, from what i read, it does not matter if you have your own domain, its wordpress hosting that does not allow it.

The only why to do it would be to move over to wordpres.org.

And we don’t want that 🙂

Good luck on the next hundred years!

10. Team Oyeniyi says:

Glad you got it all sorting Jenn! Well done Harry. I did think you knew, Jenn, so you can see why I thought your hits were over 20,000 🙂

11. Pie says:

I’ll be reading your posts whatever you do. When I’m ready to visit Sardinia, I’ll be coming to you for advice.

12. Just received an email from Amazon Affiliate Program and I’ve been accepted! Bizarre!

13. Jennifer, congrats on getting in, can’t figure out how , but go for it.

• HI Harry,

I won’t be implementing anything on my WP blog here, Im a little cheap at the moment and don’t have the necessary funds to self host. I’m really shocked that they approved me.

• Team Oyeniyi says:

They should be thanking you for applying. Always remember if YOU let anyone advertise on your website, it is YOU doing them a favour, not the other way around.

They’ll pretty much accept any application because the more places they can display their ads, the better for them!

14. Jennifer, i think you better read this post, i tried yesterday but only found it to-night.

15. loca4motion says:

Good luck! I think I’m even more clueless than you! It’s a constant learning process this blogging business!

16. I’l still be here. Ads on posts ? I didn’t know that either. What if I don’t approve of the product?

17. Not to worry folks. I got ahead of myself on this one.

18. Pingback: My Sardinian Life’s All-Time Blog Stats « My Sardinian Life | La Mia Vita Sarda