OBJECTIVE: To generate quality content with accuracy for travel publications, organizations and agencies and to advance my freelance writing career.
- A highly effective writer with an ability to communicate ideas in a concise and effective manner
- Traveled extensively and have intimate knowledge of Australia, England, the Cayman Islands and Sardinia, Italy
- Proficient in multi-tasking
- Ability to organize workload and meet deadlines
- Vast knowledge of Sardinia and its culture, festivals and points of interest
- High speed typing with extensive knowledge of WORD and EXCEL
- Knowledge of Search Engine Optimization and writing search engine friendly content
- Diploma in Human Relations (1996)
- Fluent in English and Italian
PROFESSIONAL WRITING EXPERIENCE
My Sardinian Life
November 2010 – Present
Founder of a popular niche website on Sardinia, Italy with over 2200 followers. Articles on culture, festivals, daily life, points of interest and how to’s for Sardinia, Italy.
Penguin Books Ltd.
Created and edited an EXCEL spreadsheet listing all aspects of 38 hotels throughout Sardinia, Italy. Consulted with the majority of the hotels for accuracy on the amenities of the establishment. Researched each hotel using insider’s knowledge, customer reviews and photographs; wrote descriptive summaries for each listing. Successfully executed the project before due date.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE:
- How-To Articles
- Top 10 Lists
- Italian to English Translations: restaurant menus, website content on Sardinia
- English Tutor
- Hotel & Restaurant Reviews
- Travel Itineraries for Sardinia
- Blog of the Year 2013 Winner
- Canadian Blog Awards 2012 – 1st Place in Expat Blog with over 700 entries
- Sardinian Local Expert Award
- The Versatile Blogger
- Inspiring Blog Award
- Kreativ Blogger
- One Lovely Blog Award
- Illuminating Blogger Award
- Liebster Blog Award