Can you spot the asparagus in this photo?

One of my favourite pastimes is hunting for wild Sardinian asparagus in the early months of the year, after the rain, and when the sun is shining. It’s like Where’s Waldo but with thin, camouflaged asparagus. It’s not easy and after sometime my eyes cross and my patience wears thin but I’m a fighter and am determined to return home with a bushel of tasty asparagus. A few days ago the sun was out and I took the opportunity to hunt for these thin shoots in the wilds of Sardinia’s bush-land.

Can you spot the asparagus in this photo?

Asparagus by Jennifer Avventura My Sardinian Life 2014

I can assure you that there is an asparagus in this photo, and I picked it and later ate it.

And just to keep things honest and real … I found a whopping six shoots this day!

Did you find the asparagus in the above photo?

This entry was posted in Daily Life and tagged , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

29 Responses to Can you spot the asparagus in this photo?

1. colonialist says:

*nervously* I’m too scared to go near enough to see – how bad-tempered are these wild asparagus, anyway? :)
    The plant lower left does look a bit asparagus-sy. Like the Meyerii, anyway.

2. Yum, that is what I ate last night roasted.

3. Paul says:

You must have eaten it…I don’t se it.!!!!!!!

You’re a true Renaissance woman, Jennifer.

5. If I see it, I definitely don’t recognize it!

6. Nope can’t find it but then again I only know what asparagus looks like in the grocery store :)

7. Can’t say that I see it, but it sounds delicious! Hope you’re having a wonderful weekend!

Hugs from Ecuador,
    Kathy

8. s.fitzpatrick says:

Not a clue, only know it taste’s great, had it as a paste on home made bread at our pals last time we were in Uras – gorgeous

9. Rosemarie Kleinberg says:

I think I see sometime on the lower left side, but never having seen them I am not sure! You must end the suspense and show us a photo of them close up! I am so curious now! Have a great day and thank you for the food adventure!

Love,
    The Sard/American

10. joesard says:

(after blowing up to +250%) it should be the brownish twig starting center-left of the photo and growing in a horizontal curve towards the top middle left… :-) (If I’m right do a win anything…like a bottle of Turiga huh)

11. Anna says:

You just totally reminded my of my childhood at the dacha, just picking up and eating random leaves and berries – especially wild sorrel!

12. M. R. says:

Nup. Bummer. Although I do know what it looks like, because we had some during our 2002 trip to Italy. And it was DEE-LISHUS! :-)

13. aj vosse says:

I see the light green feathery tendrils… I see wild asparagus! ;-)