Polar Vortex hits Northern Sardinia

Winter in Sardinia is the polar opposite of its summertime climate. Thick fog, whipping winds and relentless rain make it impossible to see the light of day, for days and days.

Jennifer Avventura My Sardinian Life 2014

This is winter in Sardinia my friends.

Who’s dreaming of a bright, blue summer?

This entry was posted in Daily Life, Photography & Challenges, Snapshots and tagged , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

21 Responses to Polar Vortex hits Northern Sardinia

1. I am! This is the coldest winter in Toronto that I remember and I’ve lived here over 20 years.

2. Anna says:

I’m actually looking forward to this weekend’s massive snowfall! Finally a proper Russian winter!

3. I got on a plane this morning in 29 degrees (C) heat, and when I got off it was 8 degrees. Still in shock.

4. colonialist says:

The paradise has its negative side, obviously!

The polar vortex has definitely been here in MN with unbelievable cold this year. Can hardly wait for winter to end! Normally it isn’t this hard! :)

6. Tatiana says:

We have very cold winter here in New Jersey! A lot of snow!!! It’s only 4 pm and we shoveld our drive way twice already! We do have a big drive way. And will have to do once again later. Snow still falling. And tomorrow will be more snow ! Good exercise ;)!! But…next winter will be in Sardegna !! :) so look forward to rain ;)!

7. You’re not alone. It’s been raining for days up here in the Veneto.

I am back in Australia for a while. It is gorgeous here. I have just had a swim in the pool and next week we are off to the beach…sorry. I was completely sick of the rain in Italy.

9. Rosemarie Kleinberg says:

Summer sounds great but I am enjoying this cold spell while I can! Have a great day! Your dreams will come true sooner than you think! Have a wonderful day!

Love,
    The Sard/American

10. Each winter I just can’t wait to get it over with. We’ve had a strange one so far in the UK. It has been raining since the 9th December (according to the experts) and it is not going to change at least until the end of Feb. Rain has brought flooding aplenty but temperatures of around 6 to 10 degrees. We could conceivably go into Spring without having had our usual cold winter at all. Weird.