Spring weather in January?

Only in Sardinia …

Tinnari by Jennifer Avventura My Sardinian Life 2014

This week has been exceptionally beautiful with temps reaching 20 degrees; perfect for beach hikes!

How’s the weather in your neck of the woods? I promise I won’t laugh. ;)

This entry was posted in Daily Life and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

29 Responses to Spring weather in January?

1. s.fitzpatrick says:

First time since beginning of December that no weather warnings have been issued by our Met. office, phew – us Brits are so fortunate (Not) but at least not in Chicago with my cousin temperatures down to minus 55f I don’t know if my saying of it’s never too cold for ice cream would work over there at the moment – Jennifer soak it all up, and long may the sun shine on Sardinia, already looking for flights for this year.

2. Jane Myers says:

Windy, torrential rain and brrr cold. Safe some for March please. Xx

3. It was a balmy -25 (-40 with the wind chill) on Tuesday. Today it’s -10 so feels much better. Don’t you miss Canada?

4. Expat Eye says:

The weather in Latvia is, well, a bit Irish! No snow, just a bit chilly with lots of rain! Depressing!

5. Deri says:

Sunny here in Turkey, just wearing t-shirt & jeans today. But still cutting firewood for the logburner as we expect a few more cold spells before April.

6. I’m so jealous!!!! It’s been up to -25 here for the past few days!!

7. The weather here could not be more lovely!

Hugs from Ecuador,
    Kathy

8. We had unusal temps late last week where we were 15-16c in Shanghai. It was great! The normal is back, but at least the rain stopped. I am happy I am missing winter back home where it stayed in the -15 to -25 range with lows around -33c and even -40c in Toronto! They have had so much snow and ice this year. Brrr

• I saw on the local news last night that one reporter went to Niagara Falls and they were all up in arms cause the falls froze. I’m like say what? That never happens. So I checked on the net, found a few recent articles and it’s the same thing that happens almost every year – huge ice flows. I miss it!

• It seems to be early this year too. My parents said winter started in November with cold and snow. Hasn’t been like that since I was a kid. Last year I got a taste of it when I went home in Februrary and it was snowy and we had a storm. I miss it too, but in a way I am happy to be avoiding those super cold temps.

9. Lots of cloud and rain here in Florid, but very mild temperatures.:)

10. Rosemarie Kleinberg says:

Ciao Jennifer

The weather here in Danville, CA is starting to warm up a bit. It is usually down in the mid thirties to mid sixties, but dry, dry, dry! We are still having terrible air issues, but overall pretty good weather! This Tinnari is just beautiful! You very blessed person! How is you leg? Than you as always sharing such wonders of Sardegna! Have a great day and May God Bless you both!
    With the passing of one of our dearest cousin before Christmas came the news news of a new baby in another cousins family in Nuoro! God gives us so many blessings in times of sorrow!

Love,
    The Sard/American

• Rosemarie,

Congratulations on the new family member! It’s strange the wonderful powers God has. :)

My leg is healing just fine, I may have a scar or two but no more pain! Thanks for checking in as always. :)

I have been sitting in beautiful sunshine here at Casa Debbio in Vergemoli. There is mist and cold in the valley below, but here it is gorgeous.

12. Er, wet……… and more wet.

13. Quite OK here in Belgium this week – sunshine, a few clouds – sometimes a bit of rain – and mostly around 12°C. The coldness in the States & Canada is apparantly created by the same phenomenon that now creates warmer air above our heads. Not complaining here!

14. Anna says:

Moscow has been mostly above freezing for 3+ weeks now. It is WEIRD. America stole our winter!

15. colonialist says:

Warm, slightly overcast, perfect for swimming. Well, you did ask!

16. Know-All says:

Beautiful capture…so serene!

17. Reblogged this on Sardinia Italy's Blog and commented:
    Many guests choose to have their Holiday in Sardinia at http://www.travelmotus.com in February and March!

18. Jaspa says:

Last week it got down to -26 C (-41 C with the wind chill) here in southern Ontario – http://jaspasjourney.wordpress.com/2013/12/24/ice-storm/

But give it a few months and we’ll be up in the mid +30s C for weeks on end.

I love the seasons!