Keeping Calm with Sardinian Figs

It’s that wonderful juicy time of year again – Fig season! Who needs diamonds when Hub returns home with crates like this? Not I dear reader, not I. Just remember to Keep Calm and Eat Sardinian Figs.

by Jennifer Avventura

How do you dig your fig?

This entry was posted in Daily Life and tagged , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

24 Responses to Keeping Calm with Sardinian Figs

1. My favorite!! I can eat tons of those!

2. Alberto Mario DeLogu says:

Lucky you! This year we had to fly back home before they were ready :-(

I will be back in Italy soon and hopefully eating figs from my trees at Casa Debbio.

4. gkm2011 says:

I just bought some figs in Shanghai today! Karma :)

5. Make fig jam or conserve – good in winter and great on ice cream

6. I LOVE figs!! Of course, we also have a fig tree in our yard, lol! I’ve made tons of recipes as of late-all fig-based as you can imagine; fig, turmeric and banana milkshake, mashed figs with orange zest and Greek yogurt (so NOT authentic, lol), and roasted figs…YUM!

7. Rosemarie says:

Hi Jennifer
    Figs are always a real treat! The green ones are even better than the dark ones, much sweeter! I just love them, plain, made into jam, cookies and cakes so many different ways and yet still just eating one off of a tree can be amazing! Enjoy! Have a beautiful day!

The Sard/American

8. I just love them so much I can be considered addicted. If you wanna taste them in a unique way split the fig in 4 with the base not cut, put a cube of gorgonzola in the niddle and top it with a nut. Heat it up under the grill and, if seriously gluttonous, add a drop of bitter honey!

9. Paul Corda says:

Whenever I find them on the stores here in Canada I buy the entire basket and it’s never enough.!

10. chirose says:

I love figs too.!! Thank you so much for the beautiful photo to whet my appetite :)

11. Dip them? I am a gluten when it comes to figs, they are straight from the tree and into my mouth.
    There is no better fruit in this planet.
    Enjoy your figs.

12. Yummy!!!!!!

Hugs from Ecuador,
    Kathy

13. Diane C says:

I just discovered the wonderfulness of figs. The were ripe in August in Sicily and I ate tons!

14. I discovered them dried so yummy!

15. shabnamphoto says:

:-) can you parcel them to mumbai?