Travel Theme: Animals

This week on Where’s my backpack: Ailsa presents us with yet another fabulous theme: animals.

My favourite all-time animal: The Cat. Meow!

Dear readers: Can you come up with a good caption? Put your answer in the comment section below.

I love all animals with the exception of cows, bulls, wild horses and goats. Yes, I said goats. Anything with antlers gets my blood boiling, maybe it’s all those ‘extreme adventure’ shows I’ve seen where the protagonist gets hooked and gored by a few raging horns. Nope, not for me. I like to steer clear of those big beasts.

I do love horses if there is a large barrier between us.

One afternoon late last September we headed into the mountains to search for wild mushrooms. I was surprised when we turned a little corner and found all these guys, staring straight at me. My husband walked on with confidence but my legs turned to jello and I couldn’t move but for this quick snap.

Sardinia – where the sheep herd themselves.

What is your favourite animal?

Don’t forget to caption the first photo in the comment section below. Looking forward to a few good laughs.

This entry was posted in Ailsa's Travel Theme and tagged , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

33 Responses to Travel Theme: Animals

1. bebs1 says:

I will skip the caption but that’s a lovely pose of the two cats. They looked like they didn’t want you there. LOL But I love the animal pictures.

2. Deri Pocock says:

Cat caption: Do you mind?
    All i know about horses is “stay clear of both ends”

3. Great post Jennifer, I love the image of the horses, that black one certainly is a head above the rest! haha! G :)

4. Love the horses and the sheeps herding themselves!! :-)

5. Angeline M says:

Love the photos. And the cat caption: “Not tonight honey, I have a headache”.

6. sjgleah says:

Caption: It’s called “spoons”. Now leave us alone!

Oh darling…isn’t life so purrrrrrr-fect?

8. David Perry says:

Love animals. Especially when I see them wild. Like when I go for walks in a local park near my house (Short Hills Provincial Park) and I see wild deer. Many people gather each evening, waiting to see the deer head for thier usual grazing pasture.
    I’ll take some pics sometime, Jenny. And send them to you.

…Caption for the cat pic?
    “Wake up! You’re snoring! Go to the other sofa.”

-David.

9. wow! that last shot is very cool!
    and yes, cats are, and always will be, #1!!!

I love these Jennifer…as for the caption: “I said we;d spoon…not fork you idiot.”

11. ailsapm says:

How about ‘we are not a-mew-sed’ :)

12. ledrakenoir says:

Lovely shots… :-)

13. adinparadise says:

Great photos, Jennifer. The lion is my favourite animal. :)

14. I am not as creative as the other caption entries, so will simply say this is a great collection. The cattle all turned in unison is like a posed shot! ~ Kat

15. writecrites says:

Loved your photos, but, as a photographer, I especially loved the cows shot b/c the composition is perfect and the backlighting is lovely (good lighting can really make a photo). Quite a shot for a quick snap, as you call it :)

16. I love how all of these show animals relating to other animals! Wonderful selection!

17. quite simply says:

I’m with Ailsa, I love the sheep shot, the look on the dog’s face is priceless… Jen

18. colonialist says:

The cat-tion:
    Of course it’s real zebra! Gave the two of us quite a chase …

Fave animal: cats, for sure.

19. Pingback: Travel theme: Animals of Venezuela | rfljenksy – Practicing Simplicity

20. Awww so cute! I have a thing for cats! :)