Travel Theme: Texture

There’s an ecstasy about doing something really good on film: the composition of a shot, the drama within the shot, the texture… It’s palpable.”
William Shatner

Sardinia

The web, then, or the pattern, a web at once sensuous and logical, an elegant and pregnant texture: that is style, that is the foundation of the art of literature.”
Robert Louis Stevenson

Sardinia

What interested me was not news, but appraisal. What I sought was to grasp the flavor of a man, his texture, his impact, what he stood for, what he believed in, what made him what he was and what color he gave to the fabric of his time.
John Gunther

Sardinia

I search for the realness, the real feeling of a subject, all the texture around it… I always want to see the third dimension of something… I want to come alive with the object.”
Andrew Wyeth

Sardinia

This is my response to Ailsa’s travel theme: texture.

How do you define texture?

Gallery | This entry was posted in Ailsa's Travel Theme and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

31 Responses to Travel Theme: Texture

1. Marianne says:

Excellent texture shots, Jennifer!

2. adinparadise says:

Great textures for the theme, Jennifer. I love that spider web pic. :)

3. Max510 says:

Bellissimi i fichetti ! Fan venir subito voglia di mangiarli !
    Belle foto ! Complimenti

Max

4. Galen says:

Your presentation shows some real creativity. I really like the way you describe “texture” through thoughts and quotations rather than a dictionary definition. And your photographs bring me to some new perspectives on the idea of texture. Very nice…

5. Madhu says:

Beautiful images and quotes to match Jennifer! Love the colourful baskets!

6. Great post, love the web, it´s fantastic! Great Job! G :)

7. Amazing texture @Jennifer, have a nice weekend :P

8. Fats Suela says:

Thanks for sharing your beautiful photos on texture, Jennifer! I especially like that last pic. Nice perspective on that one, too! =)

9. pommepal says:

Brilliant interpretation of the theme with pictures and quotes. What is that fruit? It looks very juicy…

Pretty inventive responses there, girlie!
    Nicely done…

11. Pingback: TEXTURE: Feeling Natural | Serendipity 13

well I can’t pick a favourite cause I love them all

13. Pingback: Texture – It’s Everywhere – Can You Feel It? | Lovin the Trip

14. Pingback: Travel theme: Texture | Man Imitates Nature | Simply Charming

15. Pingback: Travel Theme: Texture | mothergrogan

16. great shots and I love the idea of combining quotes with them

17. Pingback: Travel Theme : Texture – ed forever « Just another wake-up call

18. Pingback: Travel Challenge: Texture as displayed by Antonin Gaudi | newsofthetimes

19. writecrites says:

Marvelous quotes to go along with the photos.

20. Great post!! I love the quotes too. Texture is such an interesting topic, with varied nuanced meanings! Love your interpretation!