Travel Theme: Red

The one red leaf, the last of its clan
That dances as often as dance it can;
Hanging so light, and hanging so high
On the topmost twig that looks up at the sky.
-Samuel Taylor Coleridge

Canada

It is not because things are difficult that we do not dare; it is because we do not dare that they are difficult.” – Segoyewatha [Red Jacket]. Native American Seneca Chief, Orator

Sardinia

A world without tomatoes is like a string quartet without violins.” – Laurie Colwin

Santorini, Greece

Hanging with the Royal Canadian Mounted Moose at Toronto’s Pearson International Airport.

Toronto

This is my response to Ailsa’s travel theme red.

Do you like red?

Gallery | This entry was posted in Ailsa's Travel Theme and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

27 Responses to Travel Theme: Red

1. Wow, fantastic photos, really impressive! I love the first one of the leaf, great work! G :)

2. TBM says:

All are fabulous. My fave is the tomatoes.

Awesome! How did you get the tomatoes to show up red and the rest of the photo in black and white? I have wanted to do something similar with my photos but don’t know how. Really cool effect and I love your reds!

• What program do you use to edit your photos? I use Picasa, it’s a free download and fun to use! There is a tool in Picasa called focal black & white; where you can put any size of circle into colour and the rest of the photo b&w.

• thirdeyemom says:

Wow that is cool…free and fun! I use Lightroom and am loving it. I can’t believe the difference in my photos. And, I hardly even know how to really truly use it yet. But I love this feature of black and white and a color so I’m going to download Picassa and give it a whirl. Another absolute favorite of mine is Snapseed. It is amazing, especially the “Dramatic” feature. I use it a lot on my photos. :)

4. melanie says:

Nice pictures, fun!

5. restlessjo says:

Ha! I was going to ask the same question Jennifer. I love it! And the guy in the red jacket.

6. colonialist says:

A post showing just how well red you are! :)
    Red Jacket used to be known as a Red Indian, right? Dunno why the term was considered derotatory. In playing Cowboys and Indians in my youth the preferred role was Indians.

7. Rosemarie says:

Red is one of my very favorite colors, I love all of the pictures, especially with the man in the moose costume! The red tomatoes are fabulous! The leaf against the white background , amazing! You are so talented! Have a beautiful day! May God Bless!

Ciao,
    The Sard/American,

8. Rosemarie says:

We use Picasa as well as our family, easy to work with and yes it is free! Great value! I did not know about all of the features! Wow I thought there was a man in a moose costume, the hot weather here must be affecting me!!! Sorry
    The Sard/American

9. Pingback: Travel Theme: Red ” Meeting ‘Red’ in Ladakh” – A photoessay « Just another wake-up call

10. budgettraveltalk says:

The red leaf is superb as is the poem to suit.

Red is the catchiest color, isn’t it?
    Good work, Jennifer!

12. Marianne says:

I love red! Great photos for the theme, Jennifer. My favourite is the masked guy in the red jacket! Gotta love a man in uniform ;)

13. I SO love the photograph with the red maple leaf. Isn’t it a simple but a stunning leaf! Your photograph shows that it is in a league of its own. i also think our Canadian flag with the red maple leaf is one of the most beautiful flags in the world. Thank you!

14. Love the shot of the red leaf… how did you colour the leaf and the rest grat? Very cool!

15. Beautiful! Great minds think alike!