Weekly Photo Challenge: Near and Far

We ourselves feel that what we are doing is just a drop in the ocean. But the ocean would be less because of that missing drop.” – Mother Teresa

Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands. The beautiful palm is near while the ocean beckons me; far in the distance.

See what other bloggers are up to this week by clicking here.

Have you been to Cayman Islands? Tell me about your journey below.

This entry was posted in Photography & Challenges, Weekly Photo Challenge and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

20 Responses to Weekly Photo Challenge: Near and Far

1. mariadesuede says:

Una bella fotografia…

2. Pingback: Weekly Photo Challenge: Near and Far (Lesbos) « What's (in) the picture?

3. Beautiful shot can almost hear the ocean

4. Lea says:

I love the beach. Haven’t been to Cayman Island but being on a place like that is so relaxing.. away from traffic, the busy world.

5. Pingback: Weekly Photo Challenge – Near and Far « melonpopzdropz …

I have not been to the Cayman Islands, but I would certainly like to go there.

7. colonialist says:

My sort of scene! Thinking Africa, it reminds me of Mozambique.

8. joesard says:

……the magic of photography, you can almost feel the warm wind on your face and the briny smell of the sea mixed with the aroma of your pina colada….. wow! better say the power of day-dreaming, and I’m supoosed to be on the job! Just for the general public, that pic is tagged Cayman but West coast Sardinia has countless similar, awe inspiring beaches, and you don’t need to resemble Johnny Depp or have a VIP passport either – btw the Pina colada or more appropriate chilled Vermentino is on me

9. Marianne says:

I visited the Caymen Islands a few years ago. Apart from all the tax free shops, the main thing I remember is having a particularly large stingray wrap itself around my body whilst we were visiting Stingray City. It gave me such a fright!!

Thanks for the visual getaway, Jennifer!

11. Galen says:

Another winner… I like your work…