Weekly Photo Challenge: Arranged

Nuraghe Paddaggiu was arranged in the Nuragic age between 1900-730 BC and is now a symbol of Sardinia. There remains over 2500 Nuraghe scattered throughout this island paradise.

Nuraghe Paddaggiu is located just outside Castlesardo in Northern Sardinia. It has been neatly arranged by some of the strongest men and women in the Sardinian culture, as a religious temple, military stronghold, deterrent for possible enemies, and ordinary home dwellings.

I couldn’t decide between these two photos. I’m impartial to the second, I love the road veering left, then the strong fortress of the Nuraghe to the right. Everything over time, perfectly arranged.

Can you see the moon? Puo vedere la luna?

This entry was posted in Weekly Photo Challenge and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

22 Responses to Weekly Photo Challenge: Arranged

1. Kathryn says:

Lovely image. It’s simplicity is very striking.

2. badflea says:

I remember this Nuraghe! I’ve been in Valledoria, near Castelsardo, 20 years ago! Warm memory… I was the lifeguard in a front beach village and during my free time I rode with the motorbike to Castelsardo…
    Tks for share this lovely photo.

Un abbraccio alla mia Sardegna della mia gioventù!

3. JR says:

Both are great, the first showing it’s ancient view only, the primary subject with no distraction (crop the top 25% of sky, not just the bottom…too much sky now, needs the 1/3 rule)
    The second showing how both the old and new feats of man and architecture can coincide together. (I like this one too…well done.)

4. Amar Naik says:

nicely captured. good photos

5. kendrafowler says:

Wow!! Great Pics!! Seems like you are having great fun with your camera :)

6. ponky says:

great photos! whatever the outcome of the photo is, the process of taking the picture is a great factor, the walk, amazement, the connection with yourself :-)

7. Pingback: Weekly Photo Challenge: Arranged « 3rdculturechildren

8. dadirri7 says:

thanks for commenting on my irish post, so i could find your sardinian one … i like it!

9. Pingback: Weekly Photo Challenge: Arranged « Ruth E Hendricks Photography

10. I like your photos. I agree with the previous commenter about too much sky in the first photo. The second is great and I really like it for the same reasons as JR stated above. Yes! I can see the moon. Great work! :-)

11. Pingback: Weekly Photo Challenge April | ♥ Project 365 ♥ Challenge ♥

I like them both. The road seems to point to endless possibilities

13. Team Oyeniyi says:

Really nice – I like the second photo best.