Playing with Macro Photography

This past Christmas I was given a new super-duper camera. By super-duper I mean amaze-balls, well it’s amazing to me! It’s a Sony Cyber-shot, 16.2 mega pixels and I am in love.

There are so many fantastic features on this camera, that I am in awe. My favourite feature is the Intelligent Auto setting. The camera automatically sets to landscape, portrait, macro and many more. All I have to do is arrange the photo to my liking and point and shoot. Easy. Love.

I’m slowly learning the ropes of photography and have recently begun to play with the macro setting.

How did I do? How can I improve my macro photo shooting?

This entry was posted in Photography & Challenges and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

23 Responses to Playing with Macro Photography

1. kendrafowler says:

Wow!! Great Going!! I do not know much about Macro photography but then I really loved the first two pics. They were just awesome! Keep it up!

2. niasunset says:

Dear Jennifer, you did a great shots, I loved them all. Especially the first one fascinated me. In the second one, I haven’t seen this plant before, it is amazing… And with the next one you got a nice pattern, and last one wonderful dear Jennifer. Thank you, have a nice day, with my love, nia

3. cocomino says:

How beautiful. I like them. :)

4. jesusmyjoy says:

Just so beautiful..

The photos are great! It is fun playing with a new camera.

6. teevee says:

Wow really great macro pictures! I love the Food mode on cameras sometimes, you can try that mode too! I’m in the midst of figuring out how to fiddle with my camera too…:D Keep up the good work! ;)

7. Connie T says:

I like the flowers in the last picture.

8. Palina Osk says:

Love the last one :)

9. Cee Neuner says:

Gorgeous macros!!!!

10. David Perry says:

Picture #2 is the best, for me. Very good focus!
    Macro is a different skill than scenic photography. And you’re doing great!

An inexpensive tripod will be a great help. At high magnifications, a steady image becomes more important. Do you have one, Jenny?

I enjoy macro. A very different view than we ever get to see. Focuses your attention on tiny details.

More pics, please.
    Thanks for posting.
    -David.

• Hi David. Thanks for the tips. I dont have a tripod, but after playing with macro, I see why I do need one! I totally shake, even the beating of my heart makes the camera move! Ill have to look into that. Glad you liked my pics. :)

11. WOW – I just got a macro a few months ago and haven’t been able to post anything. I will get the technique with pratice. I was going to tell you about a tripod but David has mentioned that in his comment.
    Keep up the good work.

12. Judee says:

Excellent, wiosh I had a camera that could do that.

13. Just keep on doing what you’re doing, is my advice.

That’s because I know nothing at all about macro myself. I’ll test it out on some Dutch tulips next week.