Weekly Photo Challenge: Through

This weeks photo challenge is rather, well, challenging: through. I’ve never been good at taking these type of photos, although I do enjoy trying. What I have envisioned in my mind, never seems to come out in the photo. I’m submitting two photos for this weeks challenge as I can’t make up my mind.

Through ancient granite doorways we see the rolling hills of central Sardinia.

My second submission for this weeks challenge is rather cute and carries a wonderful story, close to my heart.

Through this window, and though this fog. If I look close enough I will find my angels.

I hope I’ve managed to capture this weeks challenge.

Buon weekend!

This entry was posted in Weekly Photo Challenge and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

33 Responses to Weekly Photo Challenge: Through

1. I think you’ve done a great job. I absolutely love the first one. I’m not sure if you’ve merged a couple or more exposures but it came out great.

• Thank you! I have no idea what ‘merged exposures‘ are, but I can assure you, that I’ve only played with the colour. It was a cute little doorway at a wedding I attended in central Sardinia.

2. Team Oyeniyi says:

I link the top one a lot.

3. Pingback: Weekly Photo Challenge: Through | Wind Against Current

4. Madhu says:

Like the first one! Nice view!

5. MindMindful says:

you DID capture the theme, very well:)

6. Rebekah says:

They’re both pretty awesome! Liked the shadow of the railing in the first one too…

Sardinia, eh?! You’re far from home :lol:

7. Woman says:

My favourite photos are always through a door. It has always reminded me of Alice in Wonderland.

It never ceases to amaze me just how similar some of your landscape is to what I see here. makes me wonder even more at just how small the world really is these days!!!

8. Pingback: Through a Tart Pan, Sprightly | Cardboard Me Travels

9. I enjoyed them both… The foggy one is so forelorn and mysterious….
    How do you get your name on them?

10. dadirri7 says:

so whimsical, and i love the doorway … that would protect you from the elements!

11. Pingback: Weekly Photo Challenge: Through « Ruth E Hendricks Photography

12. rutheh says:

Thanks for the ping back and for stopping by my blog today. I hope you will consider hosting Flat Ruthie for an adventure in Sardinia!
    This week’s challenge was an inspiring one, so many different ways to view through. I enjoyed seeing yours.

13. mizroket says:

I adore the second picture :)

It took me a while to be able to comment…this computer keeps knocking me out of WP…but I love these shots.

• Thanks Jo. I love the first one, but the last one just tugs at my heart. I have that animal my one niece as a gift before coming to Sardinia. This past Christmas time, she re-gifted Zee-Bee to me. She said, she thought I needed him more, that she has puppy to keep her company and I haven’t a puppy. it was a really self less beautiful act. Zee=Bee was in my three nieces arms for 4yrs, and now when I hold him, I feel their arms around me.

15. jenkakio says:

That’s so cool a rocky doorway. That’s not something you see everyday. I also like that mist photo as well. I’m backpacking through Europe and thought about bring a flat Stanley, but I think bring a zebra doll is MUST better. LOL

• Yes but SO many people know Flat Stanley. I teach internationally and my class has done it a few times… I do it too and people recognize it even in China!
      Stanley’s latest claim to fame he was on American Idol!

16. Arindam says:

Great photographs. I like the first one most. :)

17. Pingback: Weekly Photo Challenge: Through « 3rdculturechildren