It’s been four years since I set foot on this rugged beautiful island, and I’m still in love with Sardinia. It wasn’t an easy transition, but I did it. I’m proud of the area I now call my home, and I’m proud of myself for learning two new languages.
I have complied a short Top 11 list on why I think Sardinia rocks.
- The sun shines on average 300 days a year!
- There are endless beautiful beaches on this island oasis.
- The food is amazing. There are no other words.
- Plenty of activities to choose from, year round: cycling, kayaking, rock climbing, sailing, windsurfing, surfing, nature walks, running, and so much more.
- Summer lasts for six, sometimes eight months a year.
- The people are happy and friendly.
- The locally grown fresh produce is the best I’ve ever tasted.
- Even in the winter the sun shines.
- The rugged, red landscape leaves the poet in you without words.
- Freshly caught dentice - snapper is the bees knees.
- In a 2010 study done by International Living, states that Sardinia is one of the worlds healthiest places to live. Sardinia does boost at having the worlds highest concentration of centenarians.
Have you traveled to Sardinia? What did you think about this ancient island in the sun?