Something to Celebrate

Three years ago today I boarded flight #16. Toronto to Rome. From Rome I boarded another flight to my home, Sardegna. I can’t believe three years have already passed. It seems just like yesterday I was kissing my loved ones good-bye. The person I was then is not the same person I am now. I have grown-up. My life far and different from those I left. I want to take today and celebrate my surroundings with you, the reader. I fell in love with Sardegna the moment I laid eyes on her. She’s the second largest island in the Mediterranean Sea, her coasts are rocky and unspoilt, she is littered with stunning inlets, bays and various smaller islands off her coast. There are approximately three hundred days of sunshine spilled on this rocky paradise each year.

Without further ado: SARDEGNA/SARDINIA

Peek-a-Moo

View from CastleSardo

Yummy Fish Heads

Sardinian Wine Jug

The Path

Sardinian Lake

Thank you for humbling me Sardegna. Ti Amo.

This entry was posted in Daily Life and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

10 Responses to Something to Celebrate

1. Miss Emm says:

Ohhh I want to travel with you.

2. Chris says:

perfect Jen

3. Julia T says:

Beautiful photos. I’m going to be in Italy in less than a month. Flying Toronto to Rome then starting my trip in Capri. Wonder if I can get to Sardinia easily from there…

4. Team Oyeniyi says:

When can we move in?

Absolutely stunning place, I’m jealous! I can see why you love it so much.

5. midaevalmaiden says:

why does that fish have teeth? Egads! I liked the picture called the path.

6. Looks beautiful. Sardinia is creeping up the travel list !!!

7. farfalle1 says:

We visited your beautiful island a couple of years ago – it was one of the best vacations ever. Loved coming out of an ancient hillside church and finding ourselves in the middle of a flock of sheep!

Looks like paradise to me! Thanks once again for sharing.

Stunning – so want to see this for myself one day

10. sjr1965 says:

Just stumbled across this blog, what a lovely,wonderful,charming lady you seem, totally in love with Sardinia, as are me and my wife of 17 days who got married May 23 2014 in Sant’Antonio Do Gallura,near Olbia. We love Sardinia, the people, the secret caves,coves and beaches and the food and wine.
    As we stayed at and had our Wedding celebration there, I make no apologies for the shameless plugging of Hotel Valkarana ,a gorgeous small family run Hotel by the shores of Lago do Liscia, near Olbia, truly a haven of peace and contentment, well not so much three weeks go, when 28 English,Scots,Canadians (including my 88 year old aunt from Mississauga Ontario) and Australians descended on the Hotel for a week’s celebrations!
    I cannot recommend Sardinia enough, oh and if you visit Hotel Valkarana, see Salvatore the owner and tell him Simon and Ali Robson recommended him.